Home InspectionsLearn more about the inspection process
WHY A BUYER NEEDS A HOME INSPECTION
A home inspection gives the buyer more detailed information about the overall condition of the home prior to purchase. In a home inspection, a qualified inspector takes an in depth, unbiased look at your potential new home to:
- Evaluate the physical condition: structure, construction and mechanical systems.
- Identify items that need to be repaired or replaced
- Estimate the remaining useful life of the major systems, equipment, structure and finishes.
APPRAISALS ARE DIFFERENT FROM HOME INSPECTIONS
An appraisal is different from a home inspection. Appraisals are for lenders; home inspections are for buyers. An appraisal is required to:
- Estimate the market value of a house.
- Make sure that the house meets FHA minimum property standards/requirements.
- Make sure that the property is marketable.